Either praised or shot! Depending upon who you talk to, a student or an adult chaperone! We took our students to Wild River Country last night for a lock-in. It started at 8:30 PM and ended at 1:30 AM. Then we went to IHOP in Conway and ate breakfast. We finally pulled into the church parking lot at 6:00 AM. What a night it was!
Actually, it went pretty well, considering some things. Like the fact that I'm pregnant and I couldn't ride anything except the Driftin' River and get in the Wave Pool. Also, the temperature was pretty cool, especially when you get out of water! The kids really had a good time, I think. So that's what matters. I can put my personal comfort aside for a night. IHOP was actually pretty fun. We were all at that really, really tired stage were everything is funny and you giggle for no reason! And my husband is a natural ham anyway. So all in all, I think our first official trip with our students was a success. We were very tired today, though. We didn't get up until 1:00 PM, and then we laid around until 3:00 PM.
Due to popular demand, I'm going to try and have a baby update section at the end of each post. So here goes!
Baby Update:
-Cayson is kicking a lot! And a lot of times, it's pretty steady, too. Maybe he's going to follow in his parents' footsteps and be in marching band! LOL. My dad will die! He wants him to follow in Shaun's other footsteps and be an athlete. Maybe he will do both. Only God knows right now.
-Also, my heartburn is back. It was terrible today! And that was after eating a Pop-Tart!
-Shaun's mom finished the bumper pad for the crib this week. We got it last night. I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but we're doing baseball as a theme. She had already finished the dust ruffle and the crib sheet. It looks so cute! I will take a picture sometime so you can see.
-Tonight we went to Wal-Mart and we ended up looking at baby stuff, like always. They had a soft baseball rattle that Shaun had to have, so we got it! Also, in the picture frames they had the cutest baseball frame. We got it too! I'm so ready to put a picture in it. Only about 10 more weeks!
Oh, I passed the comments to Shaun along. (He doesn't read blogs very much.) I didn't tell him what I did. (Having you guys beg him to blog.) After I told him Phillip's comment he looked at me funny and said, "What are you telling these people? Are you pulling a Jeff?" How funny is that?! But he just doesn't want to blog right now. He says that I tell everything that's going on and he doesn't read anyone's blogs because I tell him what they say. So I guess I'm doing too much for him! He did say that if the church gets DSL or cable internet (yeah, we're still on DIAL-UP) he might blog. (We've been going around in circles with internet companies because no one wants to provide DSL or cable internet to Central City.) So there's the update with Shaun.
Well, I guess that's it. I hope that everyone has a great worship time tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh I love the baby update!! I cannot believe you only have 10 weeks left... give or take! What an exciting time! I loved knowing I was soon to have a baby and shopping around for those cutesy finishing touches.. so fun!
I am sleepy just reading about your lock in! It sounds like a huge success though! IHOP is fun at any hour... man I wish we had one around here! (or any cool restaurant lol)
That is true . . .
By the Way, Student lock-ins . . . Shot!!!!!
The true part . . .
You do give enough details on your blog to where Shaun does not have to.
Phillip, Shaun thinks you're trying to use reverse psychology on him now!
Maybe I am . . . Maybe I am
Post a Comment