Saturday, July 15, 2006

God even uses pedicures!


I just want to say pedicures are awesome! For my birthday my friends Miranda and Derenda gave me a gift certificate to get one and I finally got it today. All three of us, in fact. I had never gotten a pedicure before. But it was awesome! A much needed pampering time for me! Now I say all that to tell this story about what happened while I was getting my pedicure. It's awesome how God works!

The lady sitting in the chair next to me struck up a conversation with me about being pregnant. (It seems all women love to talk about pregnancy!) So we were talking and she all of a sudden says, "Do you live around here? You look really familiar." So I told her that we lived in Lavaca, but had only lived there since March. She then proceeded to tell me that she and her husband had been living in Lavaca for a year. We kept talking and found out we'd both gone to UAM. They had moved here from Monticello. Talk about a small world! But I didn't really recognize her still. I also found out that she went to 2nd baptist while they lived there. And that we knew a lot of the same people. So then I asked her what her name was. And then I knew who she was. She is the mother of one of the kids that I keep at the daycare. One of my favorite kids, might I add. Now this is the awesome part to me. I had been worried about this kid because I had never met his parents and didn't know if they went to church anywhere. I pretty much knew about the rest of the kids, but not him. They always dropped him off before I came to work and picked him up after I left. So when she told me that yes, they were attending a church in Fort Smith I was very happy. I was just so excited that God arranged this time for me to finally get to meet her and to be assured that Morgan was in church. And I felt like I had made a new friend. So now my prayer is that God will put their family in contact with us more often. Especially since I only have 2 weeks left to work at the daycare.

So that's my awesome experience getting a pedicure! I told Shaun that I will definitely have to have more! LOL.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had a Ped... I am weird though, I can't imagine someone I don't know touching me! lol That is wonderful that you got to see Morgan's mom!! God knew it would put your heart at ease to hear that news!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love moments like that? Can't wait to see you again! When did you say y'all were coming for another appt? Maybe we could do a Monticello crew time - Suzanne, Mandy, me, whoever else...just an idea.

Anonymous said...

Great post. It is great to hear about the meetings God has preordained for us!!!!!!

Brittany said...

Oh Mandy, you have got to get one! I had never had one either, so I was pretty nervous about it, but it was so relaxing!

Anonymous said...

don't lie, phillip, you just want a pedicure now!