Okay, moms. I need advice! I've really been reading up on labor and deliver lately. I want to know what you know now that you wish you had known then. My time is getting close and I'm getting nervous so anything you can give me would be appreciated!
Baby Update:
I am 31 weeks today! Time is passing by so quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
brittany - too much to type, i can if i must, but would you be willing to call lee ann and get my phone number i would LOVE to talk to you about the combined wisdom of 3 baby-havings!
I don't really know much about the delivery process. I was induced and did not go through the whole drama of rushing to the hospital when the water broke.
The only advice I can give is to take the epidural. It will be your best friend.
I'm no mother but....Let Dad Help!!!!
oh, shaun, how sweet! and absolutely true!!
I did drug free labor with my first (Madison) until I reached 8cm and had to have an emergency csection. Fast, Lamaze style breathing does nothing for you. When you feel a contraction start, relax, with purpose, from your forehead down to your toes, focus on each body part releasing. Breathe in slowly and deeply through your nose, exhale slowly and deeply through your mouth. MOVE AROUND. The more you're up, the faster the labor tends to be and the pain is less too! Have Shaun push REALLY hard on your lower back during contractions. The counter pressure really helps! I really wish I'd have known then how unpredictable labor is. I was so gung ho on a drug free natural delivery that when tragedy struck and I had to be rushed for a csection I felt like a failure. It was not in my plan! The thing to look to is the end result, a health baby and a healthy mother. Focus on THAT more than all of the other things and it will help you enjoy whatever experience you have. Oh, and truth be told, labor is much scarier to think of happening than it is once you know it's happening. I was terrified of how it would feel, but once it started, it was like Mother Nature took over and I was so focused on getting through it, I didn't even get scared!
Post a Comment