Well, as of today, I am no longer employed at Lavaca Learning Center. I've been looking forward to this day for a while, but it was really sad, too. I am going to miss those kids so much. And even though I might see them around town or something, it just won't be the same. I'm very glad that I took this job, even though I didn't want to at first. I've learned so much about childcare that I didn't know. I feel a lot more prepared to take care of my own child now! I'm just thankful that one of the kids, one that I latched on to immediately, finally said my name last week. Ok, so it came out "Bit-ney" but it's something!
We start vacation Bible school on Monday. I'm looking forward to it. It's nice to be around lots of kids again. At Immanuel in PB we didn't have many at all. We had a pre-registration kick off on Wednesday night. We registered 66 kids. I thought that was great considering we kind of threw the kick off together and didn't advertise much. The neat thing about our church is we have a huge bus ministry so we get a lot of unchurched kids. Please remember our VBS in your prayers, especially those precious kids.
Baby Update:
I am now 33 weeks as of yesterday. I think I finally experienced some Braxton Hicks contractions today. Well, I think I've had some before, but I wasn't sure. But these felt exactly as I've heard them described.
Also, I got my first baby gift today. A lady from our church left it in Shaun's office. She thought my shower was this coming Sunday and she was going to be out of town. But the shower is next Sunday. So I restrained myself and didn't open it! I figured it'd be nice to save for the shower. I was very proud of my self control!
I go back to the doctor next weekend. And he's doing another ultrasound in 3 weeks to see how much more Cayson's grown. (I hope I haven't already written that. If I did, I'm sorry. My memory has got to pot these days!)
Well, I guess that's it for today. I get to sleep in tomorrow! Everyone have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, listen. I saw Kaylon Langford in Ameca the other day, and we started talking about you. We want to throw you a shower down here! I don't know when would be good for you, but we'd love to do something for you, Shaun, and Cayson. We were thinking of inviting some high school and college people, as well as family and new friends (aka Suzanne, Mandy, etc...) Let me know if you think this is even at all possible and when would be good for y'all. Love you, and enjoy your time off!
Post a Comment