Friday, July 14, 2006

Date Night and Baby Registries

Today was our date night. Actually it was a date day and night. We started out eating lunch at Gringo's, which is our favorite Mexican restaurant up here (Amecca still rules!). Then we went to the church and finished up some last minute things for Sunday. Then we went back to Fort Smith and the real fun began!

First we went to Toys 'R Us. By the way, creating a baby registry is a lot harder than creating a wedding registry! We probably spent 2 hours in there. And I know that we selected way too many things, but we got a litte carried away. I think we ended up with about 140 things!!! At least whoever shops there will have a good selection of things in all price ranges!

Next, we went to Sears in the mall. This one was a little easier because there were specific things that I knew I wanted that are only available at Sears, such as the bedding I like. Shaun's mom is making our bedding, but it doesn't hurt to have extra! However, halfway through, our scanner thingy messed up so we had to figure out where it messed up and start over. I still don't know if we got everything. I'll have to go online and see.

After we left Sears, I was exhausted, but I wanted to go ahead and get Wal-mart out of the way. So we went and ate at CiCi's Pizza. It was great, as always. The really nice part was after we ate, Shaun and I just sat and talked for a while. Finally, after an hour, we went to Wal-mart. This was the easiest yet. I don't know if it was because I was tired, or what, but it didn't take near as long.

All in all, I think we picked out some cute stuff and gave everyone lots of choices.

Baby Update:
I think I felt him hiccup today. I was feeling some strange movements; they felt kinda like kicking, but it was a very regular beat. My mother-in-law thinks it was hiccups, anyway. Oh, also my next dr.'s appointment is next Friday. I get to have another ultrasound! I'm very excited about that! I want to thank everyone for the advice, as well. Suzanne, maybe we can meet up then. Coming home is tricky because all of my relatives want time with us, so we have to be on a tight schedule.

Well, I guess that's it. Have a great night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, please call me, i really want to visit with you!

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting looking and picking out baby stuff! It's by far my favorite thing about being pg.. well, next to having the baby. :) Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound! And those rythmic movements were probably hiccups! I bet you'll start feeling them more and more often.. my first child used to get them several times a day!