Monday, July 17, 2006

100 Things About Me (Thanks Suzanne!)

Well, Suzanne tagged me, so here it is. Warning: it is very random and potentially boring!


1. I am 23 years old.
2. I lived in the same town my whole life until I got married.
3. I went to the same church my whole life until I got married.
4. My husband, Shaun, is a minister of music.
5. My brother and Shaun's brother are both named Kevin.
6. Shaun is 5 years older than me.
7. His brother is my age.
8. When I met Shaun, I was told he was 10 years older than me.
9. He told me on our first "date" that we would be married someday.
10. I first saw Shaun in a musical at UAM.
11. I thought his name was Mark for the longest time.
12. I once dated a guy with a mullet. (DON'T ASK!)
13. Another guy I dated transfered colleges so we could go to the same school. And then I broke up with him because God had convicted me that he was not the one for me.
14. I really felt bad that he did that for me, but it's okay now because he's now engaged to a girl he met at UAM.
15. I majored in music in college.
16. I play the flute.
17. I have been in 4 operas.
18. I once played a courtesan in a musical in college.
19. In another musical, "Pirates of Penzance", Shaun got to kidnap me.
20. I was a cheerleader in junior high and high school.
21. I also played fast pitch softball.
22. I was a "goody two shoes" all throughout school.
23. The worst thing I ever did in high school was date a guy that my parents did not like.
24. I didn't like coffee, Chinese food, or root beer until I met Shaun.
25. Until my junior year in college, the only job I'd ever had was packing tomatoes for my grandmother.
26. Now I have worked as a dental assistant, a music teacher at Grace Christian Academy in Monticello, and now a daycare worker (which I'm quitting next week.)
27. I used to want to be a music therapist.
28. I have a 17 year old brother who surrendered to the ministry last year.
29. I have never been to another country.
30. I love to read.
31. I got my very first pedicure last Thursday.
32. I loved it!
33. I have a dog named Batgirl.
34. Shrimp is my favorite food.
35. Purple is my favorite color, though I seldom wear it.
36. My favorite color to wear is pink.
37. I love candles.
38. And shoes.
39. My baby's name will be Cayson Elliott Martin.
40. My husband thought he made the name Cayson up, but we later found out that my great-great-uncle was named Cason. We just added the "y".
41. When I started college I was an alto.
42. When I graduated, I was a soprano.
43. I still am.
44. I got married at Christmastime.
45. Our dog got pregnant on our honeymoon. (Thus, we have Batgirl.)
46. I love sweet tea.
47. I have made my own arrangements of music.
48. I took 11 years of piano lessons.
49. I wear contacts.
50. I have an "innie".
51. It's on its way to an outie.
52. My favorite reruns are Golden Girls and Designing Women.
53. I committed my life to Christ when I was 10.
54. I once made my husband fortune cookies for Valentine's Day.
55. My favorite summertime pie is my grandmother's green tomato pie. (Don't knock it till you try it!)
56. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast.
57. My favorite movie period is Phantom of the Opera.
58. Out of the 12 bridesmaids and groomsmen in our wedding, 6 are now married.
59. Out of the 6, 4 are married to each other.
60. My favorite band is Casting Crowns.
61. I tore my ACL while snow skiing.
62. I had to have surgery to replace it.
63. I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies.
64. Nor do I care to.
65. I like to eat Miracle Whip on Saltine crackers.
66. This is not a pregnancy thing. I've always like them.
67. I recently left a frozen tub of orange muffin dough in my car and forgot about it.
68. I mix my own lotion.
69. I had a different roommate every semester I lived on campus.
70. My last roommate was my favorite.
71. Rosie was my last roommate.
72. My favorite ice cream is Blue Bell Banana Pudding.
73. I could watch Steel Magnolias every day and cry every time.
74. I took 3 pregnancy tests to be sure I was pg. (Not counting the official doctor's office test.)
75. I had menigitis in the 2nd grade.
76. I used to compete in pageants as a girl.
77. I sang on a radio-a-thon once.
78. In my freshman year of college, I cut my hand while washing dishes and had to have stitches.
79. Shaun had to cut my waffle at Waffle Inn because of this.
80. This was before we started dating.
81. I talk in my sleep.
82. Shaun and I have been together for almost 5 years.
83. We've been married for 2 1/2 years.
84. I was drum major for our band my senior year of high school.
85. I once dressed up like the Pink Panther for our show my junior year.
86. My first car was a '96 Toyota Camry.
87. It actually caught on fire my senior year of high school.
88. My second car was a '00 Alero.
89. Now I have an '03 Kia Spectra.
90. I am now 32 weeks today.
91. My most prized piece of furniture is a grandfather clock that my great-uncle made. It was given to me and Shaun after his death.
92. This is the first home since we got married that we actually have cable.
93. We've moved 4 times since we got married.
94. I am now taking 4 different kinds of vitamins a day.
95. I am a procrastinator.
96. In college, during a video scavenger hunt, our small group accidentally got a car stuck in the mud at Weevil pond.
97. Shaun proposed to me at Lake Chicot on June 21, 2003.
98. I paid for our first date.
99. Our first date was at Popeye's. It was during a marching contest that we were working.
100. He has more than paid me back!

Whew! That was hard! I am so glad that is over. I'm tagging Shaun and Lee Ann.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i take that many tests every single time. i can't help it. even this time!

Anonymous said...

Amen to Star Wars. I have never seen any of them nor do I care.

I also eat mayo and saltines. :0)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of stuff to write about myself. I'll try though! (I'm proud to say I knew more half of those things about you!)

Anonymous said...

Woops. That last comment from Suzanne was actually from me. I'm at her house watching Gracie, and I accidentally commented under her name...again!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I"ll take about 10 to believe it when I finally get a + test! I made Suzanne show me hers b/c I really had started to think they pg tests just didn't work anymore. ;) Your list was so great! I love these!