For some reason, blogger is showing that I wrote this September 19 but I really wrote it September 20
Yesterday was one of those days that is horrible to go through, but in about 10 years will be hilarious. It'll be one of those stories that we tell Cayson's future wife about. One of those days. The morning was fine. We had scheduled him an appointment to get his hair cut at 3:45 so I made sure he went down for his nap at a good time. Usually he fights us at naptime when his daddy's home, but not yesterday. He went down without a fuss and went right to sleep. Little did I know, that was the calm before the storm! My first clue should have been that I had to wake him up from his nap. He's always a little fussy when he doesn't get his complete nap. The second clue would have been his response when I asked him if he was ready to get his haircut. He said a quick "No". However, I paid no attention to these clues!
Once we got to the salon, Shaun got his haircut first. Cayson was fine throughout that. He even sat still in the waiting chairs. But when time came for his turn...he didn't like it ONE bit! Shaun had to hold him and everytime the hair stylist, Donna, got near him with the clippers, he jerked. We fought with him for an hour! We would have left and come back later, but we have FAMILY PICTURES today!!! So that was out of the question. So we fought with him long enough to get it fairly even and we left. I wanted to cry! His hair was so cute before, it was just a little too long.
Once we got home, chaos ensued. Cayson was bouncing off the walls! It was Shaun's turn to cook supper, so while he was working on that, I was tending to Cayson and Bryce, too. My nerves were already to a breaking point, but the kicker came when Cayson pooped in the floor! Yes, he pooped in the floor. He didn't mean to. We're in the beginning stages of potty training. And I had been letting him run around bare bottomed while it's just us at home so he gets used to going in the potty. Then I'll add the training pants. It's working too. Except for poop, apparently.
Anyway, after that I told him to sit on the potty and finish, but he wanted to help clean up, bless his heart. That's something that normally wouldn't faze me, but after the day I'd had, I just went in the bathroom and made myself calm down.
It's a good thing, too. Because after supper Shaun wanted to try his hand at hair styling. Armed with a pair of kitchen scissors (all we could find, I think I left my good scissors at the church) and a beard and moustache trimmer, Shaun began. Oh boy. Let me just say that Shaun doesn't have much patience! What's really funny is I decided to see if I could do any better and I ended up taking off a longish piece of hair and Shaun had a cow. Even though you couldn't tell it was even gone. So I handed the trimmer back to him and he proceeded to get a big clump of hair, right behind Cayson's ear. At that point I didn't know whether to laugh or cry--in fact, I did both!
Long story shorter, we fixed it enough so that it's presentable, except for a bare spot behind his ear. This family picture will serve as a reminder to NEVER get haircuts for young kiddos the day before pictures!
(Oh, and I tried to get an "after" picture, but he wouldn't be still long enough! That gives me much confidence about pictures today!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment