Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Sling!


I just wanted to show off my sling! I know a few of you are advocates for the Ergo, but it's not something we could afford. This is from The Peanut Shell. I absolutely love it! It's so cute, for one thing. Also, it's not bulky or complicated like a couple of carriers I had with Cayson. You can put the baby in several positions, although I've only tried the cradle style. And I've been able to breastfeed with him in it. Which is perfect for emergencies. There's been a couple of times at a restaurant that he would not take a bottle or I didn't have one for him and I really didn't want to feed him at the table, even with a blanket. So I just went to the bathroom, put him in the sling and was able to stand up in a stall and let him nurse.

I always use it when we go grocery shopping. We always go every other Monday night, the day Shaun gets paid. This way, Cayson can sit in the buggy and I can carry Bryce. He just about always goes to sleep in it. Also, I use it at church a lot. It comes in handy on Sunday mornings when I'm rushing around trying to get my Sunday School stuff ready and Shaun's trying to get last minute things done. I've also used it during choir practice. I can hold him and still be able to hold my music.

I always get such sweet compliments when I'm wearing it, too. And it's reversible. The inside is chocolate brown, which comes in handy if Shaun wants to wear it. I ordered it the week before Bryce was born and it has already been well worth the money!

3 comments:

Jen said...

so Adorable!!!!

Laken said...

That sling is too cute! And it really seems like it comes in handy! I know it is a big relief!

Anonymous said...

i do love me some ergo - but i would love to try the sling when they're this little. i never really liked the ergo until they were quite a bit bigger.

so sweet! and so cutesy!