Thursday, September 25, 2008

Updates on the Boys

I haven't given any updates in a while so here ya go!

Bryce
Bryce is such a delight! I have been blessed with such a good baby. I always thought Cayson was pretty easy, and he was, but Bryce is easier. Which is good because Cayson has hit the terrible twos! More on that in a little bit.

Anyway, Bryce is totally content to just sit and watch. He loves to smile and to get attention from his mommy and daddy. His eyes just light up. He will fall asleep on his own; I hardly ever have to put him to sleep. He loves to rock, which means we need a new rocking chair. Ours is broken and Cayson never cared to be rocked anyway. He also SLEEPS ALL NIGHT! I am so glad that Cayson was born first because he didn't do this until he was 8 months old. And I didn't care because I was told that breastfed babies would take longer to sleep all night. If Bryce had been first, I would have been very frustrated by Cayson! But God knew what He was doing!

He loves being in his sling, most of the time anyway. In fact, that's the only way I can get him to take a bottle. It's weird because usually breastfed babies won't take a bottle from their mom. But he won't take one in the church nursery at all. (And in case you're wondering why I need to give him a bottle when I'm the one that has him in the sling, well it's usually when we're shopping at Walmart!)

He's already started teething. Usually every night at about 7 or so he starts getting a little fussy and majorly drooling and chewing on whatever he can find (usually his fist or mine or Shaun's finger).

He's just such a good baby. I love him more everyday, if that's possible!

Cayson
Like I said, Cayson has hit the "terrible twos". He's not terrible though, just really high-spirited! He's curious about everything! He gets into whatever he can, but he's so quick to say "sorry" if he messes up. Potty training is going pretty well. I let him run around bare-bottomed right now and he goes just fine. But put some pull-ups or training underwear on him and he won't pull them down. He just goes and sits on the potty and goes in his pants. I'm not too worried about it right now. I know it'll come. I'm just working with him on learning how to pull his pants down and back up. And he started telling me last night at church that he needed to go potty, but he didn't like sitting on the grown-up toilet.

He can count to 18 and he's learning his colors and shapes. He knows a triangle and circle and the names of the other shapes. And he knows the names of the colors, but has a hard associating what color goes with what. Sometimes he gets it right and sometimes he doesn't. He loves to count, though. And he's really developed a love of reading. His favorite show is Mickey's Clubhouse and his favorite movie is Cars. He loves to sing and dance and pretend to play "air instruments". He can spot a guitar, trumpet, piano, saxophone, flute, and drums a mile away! At choir practice at church he will get a book just like everyone else and sit and sing with us! He knows that God made him for His glory and will tell you that too! He also loves to pray. And now he insists on praying at mealtimes. Once, I was feeding Bryce when it was time to pray so Cayson made Shaun come over to the couch so we could all hold hands and pray together! (Tearful moment!) He loves airplanes. And, boy, can he play ball! If he doesn't have a ball in his hands, he's not happy! And it doesn't matter what kind of ball, either. But he's really into football right now. He loves to throw it to someone and then after they catch it, he runs at them to tackle them! And he can stiff arm, too. He also likes to drop-kick the ball.

Behavior-wise, he's a typical two-year-old. He has meltdowns when things aren't done exactly like he's used too. He's very independent as well. Still taking naps, but on weekends he doesn't like to because his daddy's home and he doesn't want to miss a minute!

As for me and Shaun, not much has changed. Life is good!

No comments: