I haven't posted in a while; I'm not sure why. I just haven't had much to say that I felt like the world would want to listen to. Not that anything has changed much, but I feel a need to let everyone know what the Martin family has been up to.
Let's see...this weekend we are in Warren/Monticello for my brother-in-law's wedding. It's hard to believe he's getting married, even though he's the same age as me. But he's marrying a sweet girl that I'm proud to call my (future) sister-in-law. As part of my wedding gift to them I've been working on a family recipe scrapbook. I collected recipes from several of the women on on my husband's side of the family, including his mom, grandmothers, sister, and a couple of aunts. And, of course, me. It's the first scrapbook I've ever done, and I'm pretty proud of it. (For those of you who were wondering, our main gift is a talking microwave. Yes, you read that right, it actually talks! It tells you how to cook! We told them we wanted to get them a microwave and that's what they picked out.)
Cayson updates:
He is starting to stand on his own! I am such a proud mama! Walking is around the corner!
He has learned how to snort! He does this really cute nose scrunching thing and snorts at the same time. He thinks it's hillarious!
Teeth have got to be coming in soon. His top gums are so swollen.
He is getting into everything. Oh, and he discovered the stairs.
I guess that's it. Exciting things are around the corner for our family. I'm starting a girls Bible study on June 28, our students are going to camp the first week in July, and Cayson will turn a year old in August!
Goodnight all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am glad to know that you are doing great. Cayson is at the wonderful age. They are into so much, but it awesome to see how much the learn at this age.
oh, i love it!
i love hearing about cayson. i can just see his chubby legs wobbly and standing!
Post a Comment