Thursday, May 22, 2008

Because I Can't Sleep...

It's almost 2 am and I cannot go to sleep! Part of it has to do with some things going on in my life (nothing bad, just a lot of stuff) and the other is the little human that keeps kicking me!

It's crazy, we've been at this church for 2 and a half years now and I've managed to not overload myself. I've pretty much stuck with helping Shaun with the music and the youth. For the most part anyway. Sure, I've helped out with big events such as VBS, but I just haven't overdone it. Until now. We're having a one day women's retreat at our church May 31. Way back in November I agreed to help out. I guess I didn't realize how crazy my life was going to be in the months of May, June, and July. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I'm helping. There's just a lot going on right now. In addition to the retreat, I have to get my Sunday School room ready for promotion Sunday--which happens the day after the women's retreat! I've been wanting to change up my room for a while now and I had figured that the perfect time would be for promotion Sunday since I have a ton of kids moving up. Plus, I've got to contact all these new kids and introduce myself, etc.

And then that Monday after promotion Sunday (June 2, in case you lost count) I'm starting a teenage girls Bible study. I did this last summer and it was such a hit that I really, really wanted to do it again. It's an 8 week study and to be sure and finish up before school starts back, I really needed to go ahead and start it. (There's going to be some weeks that we don't have it, like when I have my baby!)

That Thursday, June 5, we will head to Warren and Crossett for my sister-in-law's wedding. I also have a doctor's appointment that day. Fortunately, we decided to stay in town that Sunday instead of heading home Saturday night. I'm hoping in spite of all the wedding stuff, we will get a little bit of rest. And it'll be nice to be in church with my family again.

After the wedding is over, things start getting a little easier. Of course, we have student camp in June and I'll still be doing the Bible study. Oh yeah, did I mention I'm helping with children's choir on Wednesday nights, too? I'm leading the 4-5 year olds. We're working on a musical that we will present in August.

In July, the big thing is, of course, the BABY! Time has flown by so quickly! I still have so much to do to get ready for him. I've been so much more laid back this time than I was with Cayson. I just hope I get it all done.

We have VBS the week after the baby is born, but we planned for this, thank goodness. I don't really have to do anything, except work on a nightly newsletter template. That'll be really easy, I just have to sit down and do it.

Ha, I just remembered something else we're doing in June: Shaun and I are leading a community group in June!

When did my life get so busy??? I used to thrive on the busyness when I was in high school and college. Now it's just wearing me out! Say a prayer for me that I can get all this done and not go completely insane!

Now to end this post on a very, very positive note: As I type, Cayson is spending night #2 in his big bed!!! Yep, last night he slept all night in it and he's working on it for tonight. And he napped in it today too! This was a little bit hard for me, but Shaun reminded me that we've been working towards this. This is a picture of him spending his first night in his big boy bed.Isn't that so sweet?

No comments: