Saturday, October 27, 2007

Responder or Reacter?

As I've mentioned before, I've been going through a Bible study by Cindi Wood called Victoriously Frazzled. This week is all about controlling our responses to situations or people. So far it's talked about being a responder instead of a reacter. A reaction is more knee-jerk, saying whatever comes out of your mouth. Responding is stepping back, taking a breath, and saying what God would have you say. I think I'm pretty much a responder. I hate confrontation, so I typically don't say the first thing that comes to mind. A lot of the time I don't say anything, or I'll say, "I'm sorry you feel that way." or something like that. Then I hash it out with Shaun! So I guess that's what I need to work on...being able to respond in a godly way. Especially the older Cayson gets!

Also, during each week, we have a defrazzler to do. The first week was a great one: a spa day! We were supposed to take a day, afternoon, hour, whatever to pamper ourselves. That was awesome. The second one was harder. I had to pick a circumstance to give God control of and document my progress during the week in my journal. This week, I have to practice greeting people in a joyful manner and have a response prepared just in case they ask why I'm so happy. This is so hard for me! I am not very good at talking to people I don't know. I tried it out tonight on the lady that checked me out at Walmart. She seemed a little taken aback. I hope I sounded sincere, because I really was, however this makes me feel a little self-concious. We'll see how it goes this week.

Well, it's time for me to do my daily fitness test on the Wii, so I have to go. Have a great day tomorrow!

No comments: