I wanted to write tonight, but I couldn't think of anything in particular, so this is just a random update kind of post.
Cayson is over the sign language setback. I'm not even sure if I blogged about it, but a couple weeks ago or so, he just didn't want to do any of his signs, except for drink. But now he's doing them again and he's gotten pretty proficient at "hungry" just today. It's so exciting to be able to communicate with him. Plus, he's saying, or at least repeating, lots of words. Also, he's mastering the spoon!
We had a long day at church. Starting things off, our pastor is on vacation so we had a guest speaker. Shaun had to redo the bulletins because his printer messed up. I had a lot to prepare for my Sunday school lesson (I teach 1st and 2nd grade) and one of my kids came about 20 minutes early! Which means I pretty much have to stay in the room. Fortunately, my lesson book has a section for kids that come early, so I had an activity for him to do. Our accompanist had to be at work at 12 noon today, so she had to leave immediately after the singing portion of our worship time was over. She wanted me to play the invitation and the offertory, but I just didn't have time to practice so Shaun played his sax during the offering and one of our very talented guys did the invitation. We had to be back at the church by 2:30ish so Shaun could prepare for drama practice at 3:00. I'm in the drama so I have to be there too, and wrestle with my kid at the same time! (Incidentally, I'm playing Lisa who plays Elizabeth, mother of John. One of my lines is "Oh, I'm not pregnant, they just dressed me up like this for the play!" And later I say "I'm sorry to interrupt things, but I just got some great news on my voicemail...we're expecting!!!" Talk about life imitating art!) After drama, we had choir at 4 and then small groups at 5ish. We have the youth and officially ours doesn't start until 6, but since some of the girls are in choir and we finished choir at 5....they just stay and hang out until time. Finally, we got home at about 8:30 or so. Whew! I love it, but it sure gets tiring sometimes!
I forgot to mention this a while back. I posted Labor day weekend how Shaun was putting a new floor in our kitchen and we encountered problems and it took longer than expected. I realized that I never posted that it was finished. He finished it in the middle of October. It looks so good! Now if I can just get rid of the pesky wallpaper...
Speaking of our Christmas cantata...we are presenting it on Sunday morning, December 16 and Wednesday evening, December 19. If you are in the Fort Smith area, we'd love to have you! It's called "Be Not Afraid". It's a musical within a musical. I'll save the synopsis for another post. Our children's choir is presenting "It All Happened in the Country" next Sunday night at 6. I'm not sure what it's about, but it's bound to be cute!
I was in a parade yesterday. The Lavaca Christmas parade. Our church entered a float. Our theme was "There Sno' Man Like Jesus" and we had a nativity scene and snowmen all around. The kids were all the characters. It wasn't bad for our first float. I rode in the back of the truck with Shaun and the sound system. I was really impressed with Lavaca's parade, being such a small town. We were number 31 and there were several floats behind us, too. And there were plenty of people watching, too.
My mother-in-law bought me some preggie drops. They are pieces of candy that promise to help with morning sickness. And they actually do help a little. I'm not sure if it's like taking a sugar pill, or what, but it works. And they're pretty good.
I'm so ready to be in maternity clothes! I really don't like this stage where you feel like you're gaining weight, but you just look fat instead of pregnant. At least most of my pregnancy will be in spring and summer so I shouldn't have to buy too many new clothes.
I guess that's it. I hope everyone has a great week this week! Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh girl I had to stop buy, late, and say CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby on the way!! That's so exciting!! Sorry to hear about you feeling yucky this time.. I understand.. I get about 5 months each time to PUKE daily... the joys of pregnancy! lol
ginger snaps. sometimes they help.
ooh, i remember the traditional church run on sundays. so hard. but good too. i can't imagine doing all you're doing and being in that first trimester. hang in there!
Hi! I was looking for people with similar interests to mine and found you under "baby stuff." I have a baby daughter and work in a mommy-baby boutique so baby stuff is my favorite! I used the Preggie Pop Drops too, and they worked for a while but eventually I'd be popping them one after another and finally had to get an Rx for Zofran. Congratulations on your pregnancy and let me know if you'd mind me linking to your blog!
Post a Comment