Finally a new update. I know that all of you have been waiting on pins and needles to find out about Cayson. So let me fill you in on the past 3 days.
Wednesday morning:
I went for another ultrasound at about 9:00. This makes 5, I think. Doc just wanted to see how big Cayson has gotten. Well, he's very healthy, I must say. 9 pounds and 1 ounce!!! Yes, you read it right! At 37 weeks! Now, keep in mind that my doc had already said he wouldn't let him get that big, but I guess Cayson thought otherwise!!! Dr. Wharton hadn't come into the clinic yet, so they promised to tell him as soon as he got there about our little man. See, Shaun was supposed to leave after my ultrasound to go back to Lavaca. But I didn't want him to leave if Doc decided to induce or something. So, as we were leaving, he is pulling in. So Shaun just pulls around to the employees' parking lot (acting like we were turning around) and Doc spots us. He came over to the car and asked how it went. He was very surprised, I think, to hear how big Cayson has gotten. So he told me to come in Thursday at noon and he wanted to check me again. Then Shaun dropped me off at my grandmother's house (everyone is afraid to leave me by myself!) and he left for home.
Thursday:
Shaun got back into town at about 11:20 and met me at my grandma's house. We then we to my appointment. Didn't have to wait long either. They checked my vitals and everything looked good. When he checked me I had dilated to 1 and a half centimeters. This was pretty exciting for me. I just knew that he would send me back to the hospital and induce. This was not to be the case, however. He asked me what I thought about C-sections. This isn't my first choice, but I want what's best for me and the baby. He decided that he would give me a couple of steroid shots to help make sure Cayson's lungs are fully developed and if nothing happened this weekend, he would induce. I was pretty disappointed about that, mainly because Shaun has to go back to Lavaca on Saturday, unless we have the baby before then. This will make the 3rd trip in a week. However, I do want the best for Cayson, so I agreed.
Mom decided I needed to walk so we went to Wal-mart that afternoon to get some groceries and eat at Amecca. As we were walking around Wal-mart, I started having contractions. At first, they were coming about 10 minutes apart, pretty regularly. I thought, this is it! But after we finished our shopping and went to the cars to drive to Amecca, I felt better when I sat down. Then at Amecca, they started again. Still about 10 minutes apart. I couldn't even eat hardly anything. After we finished there, me and mom went outside and walked around and they actually started feeling better. Then we had to go back to Wal-mart because Shaun's sister needed some freeon (sp?) for her car. So back we went. And they started again. But this time pretty irregular. They would go from 10 minutes to 5 to 3 to 10 again. Then while Shaun was fixing Kelly's car, they completely stopped. My back was still hurting a little, but mostly I felt a lot better. So as tired as we were we decided to go back to my parents' house and rest and see if anything else would happen. Once we got to the house I was feeling much better, but completely exhausted. (Oh, I forgot to mention that on the way back, our car battery decided to die. So we ended up staying in Monticello until 10:30.) As tired as I was, I couldn't sleep. I finally got some decent rest from 5:30 to 8:10.
Friday Morning:
This morning we had to be back at the doctor's office to get another steroid shot. We were supposed to be there at 9, but that was just a tentative time, since it was just for a shot. Or so I thought. We woke up late, at 8:10, and we would have had to leave at 8:30 to make it there on time. I jumped in the shower and got ready quickly, but I had a hard time getting Shaun up. These trips to Lavaca and back are wearing him out!
We finally get to the clinic at 9:30 and they call me back fairly quickly. But they took my vitals again. I wasn't expecting that since they had just done it yesterday and I was only getting a shot today. I wasn't even supposed to see the doctor. However, they led me to an examining room and informed me that he wanted to see me since I'd had contractions last night! I hadn't even mentioned that! Apparently, my loving, meddling mother had seen him at the hospital (she works there) and he asked about me so she told him about the contractions. He checked me again and there was no change since yesterday. He told me to get dressed and he'd come back and talke to us. He said that he'd changed his mind about inducing me. That I would probably have a long hard labor and it would still end up in a C-section. So he just wants to go ahead with the section. Monday morning. Unless, of course, something happens this weekend. But it cannot. I have lectured Cayson that he has to stay put now until Monday, or at least late Sunday night. See, Shaun has to go back home AGAIN. Saturday morning. The good news is, they aren't going to make him stick around for the Sunday night service. So everyone pray that Cayson will stay put until Shaun gets back! Plus, I really do want to make sure his lungs are fully developed. So, the officialy report right now is I have to be at the hospital at 6 am Monday morning and they will probably do the section at around 9. I'm excited to finally have something set, but I'm pretty nervous about the section, too. This will be the most major surgery I've ever had. So be in prayer for all us this weekend and Monday. That I will calm my nerves and be able to get some sleep, that Shaun will have a safe trip home and back, and that Cayson will be born without any complications.
Thank you so much for your support during this time. This blogging adventure has made dealing with my doubts and fears and excitement so much easier to experience. And, if you read my blog and pregnancy does not interest you at all, I'm SO SORRY!!! It will be over soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
BRITTANY!!!! How exciting! I will keep you in my prayers constantly this weekend. I pray that God will give you peace, rest, and a safe and healthy delivery! So...when do you think you'll want visitors? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink...) ;) I'd LOVE to come see you Monday or Tuesday after school. I dn't want to intrude, though! Hey, I know, what if I give your mom a call before I come and then she can tell me yay or nay. Is that okay? If so, I need her number. I'm so excited for you and Shaun! Y'all are going to be amazing parents!
Oh girl I do know how scary and exciting that is! I've had TWO csections so PLEASE ask me any questions you have during recovery. Just expect a LONG RECOVERY... and chill out. The more you try to do, the worse you're going to feel.. trust me! lol I cannot believe that you're having him!!! Ack!! Good luck to you!
Post a Comment