Thursday, September 10, 2009

So much to talk about


Where do I start??? I haven't been a very good blogger for...well probably the last year, if I'm honest. I just can't make it a habit when I get a limited time with my hubby's laptop. We have a desktop that still hasn't been set up yet because we have no where to put it! I had to use the computer armoire for a pantry/microwave cabinet since our kitchen space is limited. We're working on it, but it just takes time!

Now that that's out of the way...what to talk about? I guess I'll just give updates on each of the kids and go from there!

Cayson
Cayson just celebrated his 3rd birthday!!!! Where in the WORLD did the time go??? I honestly feel like I blinked and he grew up on me. In the last month alone he has become such a polite, older-acting little boy! His hair has gotten ridiculously long, but I'm still working up the courage to get it cut. We really like a longer style on him, but it's time for a trim! I'm just afraid of the fiasco that happened this time last year when he freaked out and we left the salon with his hair lookin' a hot mess! With family pictures the NEXT day! I think he's grown up enough that he'll be much better, but still...

He's learning so fast right now. He knows all of his alphabet, the sounds they make, and is working on writing them. He can already write a letter H, A, i, and G. And probably more I don't know about. He can count to at least 20. He knows his shapes and colors. He can put together puzzles fairly well. He's learning the names and shapes of the states. (Courtesy of an old board puzzle of the USA.) He wants to be able to read pretty badly. He's always looking at words asking, "What's that say, Mommy?" And some words he can recognize. He's learning Bible verses as well. I taught him "Don't be afraid. I will trust in You Lord" because he was afraid of a bear at night. (Thanks to Suzanne at TheJoyfulChaos for helping me out in that department. I'm not even sure where that verse is, and I think we've paraphrased it even more, but he says it every night before he goes to bed. And it works!) He started Cubbies at the Awana program at our church. He had to learn 3 verses and a motto to be able to get his uniform. He passed those off last night!

He also loves to sing and play instruments. I think the time is coming soon when we will enroll him in guitar lessons. Shaun says he's not quite ready because he gets the terminology confused. (E chord with the letter E, for example.) Plus his little hands aren't quite big enough. But it won't be long!! And then there's baseball. The love of his young life. He could play baseball from sun up to sun down. He. Never. Gets. Tired. Of. It. He alternates between someone pitching it to him and him pitching it for someone else to bat. And let me tell you, he can flat out throw that ball. He has the windup down and everything! And he's pretty good batting, too, when he has a good pitcher. But, unfortunately, he's stuck with his mommy most of the time!!!

I think the last thing worth mentioning for Cayson is probably the thing we've been looking forward to since his birth: he's potty trained!!! It was a year-long process, but it's done. Even at night, most of the time. Looking back, I probably started too early, plus we had a lot of changes in the past year. The thing that really got him going was the sticker system and giving him some undies that looked just like his daddy's. I'll give daddy some dignity and not tell the world what that looks like! Anyway, Cayson's doing so well with it! And now, Shaun's ready to get the other one trained so we won't have any diapers for a while. But it'll be a while before he's ready to even start! He's only 14 months!

Well, I didn't realize there was so much to tell about Cayson. And I think I could keep going. But I'll spare you! I guess I'll make this one post and give Bryce his own post!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I like his long hair too!!! :)