Saturday, September 12, 2009

And now for the rest of the story



I guess I'll just lump updates on Shaun, myself, and the church all in one blog. There's not much to tell!

Shaun is doing well. Well, not at the moment. He doesn't feel well right now. I'm praying he feels better tomorrow morning because....we start 2 services tomorrow! This is a big move in the life of our church. Our hope is to be able to reach more people, twice as many in fact. Currently, we were about 80% full on Sunday mornings. And that's with the chairs packed in TIGHT. And there's some stat that says it's hard to for a church to grow if their worship time is 80% full. Or something like that. Plus, we have an incredibly diverse church, as far as likes/dislikes go. So the first service will be still be a blended service, but more on the traditional side. The second service will be blended, but more on the contemporary side. Right now, we will have choir in the 1st service and a praise team in the second. If there are enough people, we will eventually have a choir in the second service as well.

Also, we are in the beginning stages of a building project at church. We're building a new multi-purpose building to have more education space and a fellowship hall. I think they are getting ready to pour the foundation soon.

Now for me. I'm good, as well. Staying healthy for now. Still lovin' my van! It's so nice to be able to go when I need to! Also, I'm going through a period where God is just a'teachin' away. I guess that's what you'd call it. Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever going to get where I need to be. I feel like He's constantly pouring my life through a colander. The first one was one of those colanders with the big holes that will still let smaller things through, if you're not careful. Now I feel like He's gone and gotten one with smaller holes. A lot of that stuff just isn't making it through anymore. And I'll admit, most of it has to do with attitude. Ugh! It's not fun, but I know this refining process is so important in my journey to BECOMING more like Him. So y'all say a prayer for me, that I won't let those little impurities back in my life, just so they can go through the colander again. It's not a fun process! What is God sifting out of your life?

No comments: