Bryce is doing really well. He's grown so much just in the last couple of months. On his birthday he didn't quite weigh 20 lbs. Now he's up to 21. You'd think he'd weigh more, the way he likes to eat. The boy will eat ANYTHING!!! And you have to make him stop! And he's very demanding about it too. If lunch or dinner time rolls around and we haven't fed him when he's used to, he gets VERY fussy. And he knows what he wants, too!
He can say several words, including: dink (drink), tank you (thank you), momma and daddy (of course), yeah, no no no no no (he's heard that a lot!), more (along with the sign for more), Bagurl (Batgirl, our dog), and Behya (Bella, our other dog). He can also sign please. He loves to give 5's too!
He's a pretty good sleeper. He usually goes down at 8:15 pm and sleeps all night most nights. He just recently started sleeping till 9 am!!! But now we're trying to figure out naptime during the day. The first day he slept to 9 I kept him up until after lunch and let him go down with Cayson. But he didn't sleep any longer than he normally does and by dinner time he was ready to drop. So the next day I let him take his morning nap. But then he wouldn't go to sleep for his afternoon nap. I may have to start waking him up earlier in the morning. :(
He's still nursing, too. I think he could go on for a while! We're down to right before bed and first thing in the morning.
He's definitely walking now. He took his sweet time with this. I thought he would be an early walker, but he didn't agree. He took his first step at around 10 months, but just didn't want to keep going. It was faster to crawl! By his 1st birthday, he could walk for 3 or 4 steps at a time, but he just didn't want to very often. Finally, a few weeks ago he decided he was ready and gradually worked his way up to walking all the time.
He's into EVERYTHING!
He loves the stairs! I have to get a gate. I just haven't done it yet. So I end up barricading.
He also loves to play ball. Just like his brother. He loves to throw and try to catch it. And I think he may be a lefty. He always throws with his left hand, unless he's holding something with that hand.
The boy will NOT keep shoes on his feet!
He's getting curls...probably time for a hair cut for him too.
He swims like a fish! Well, obviously he doesn't really swim, but he thinks he can! He gets mad when we're swimming because he doesn't want to be held or in his swim contraption thingy.
He just doesn't want to be help PERIOD. He doesn't even like his carseat. He's not a good traveler. Where Cayson would automatically fall asleep on a trip, no matter the time, Bryce stays wide awake unless it's nap time or bed time. Even then it takes a while for him to nod off.
He loves stuffed animals. Well, certain ones anyway. His favorite is his sock monkey. He always sleeps with Mr. Monkey. A very close second is a new one. His Papaw bought him a beanie baby-type red bear with a razorback on the chest. He LOVES it!
He gives open mouth kisses!
He has the cutest baby feet! And he still gets mistaken as a girl. As recently as today! We were at Office Depot today and he needed a diaper. I took him to the bathroom and this lady was in the handicapped stall. There was no diaper changing station in sight so I figured it was in the handicapped stall. So we waited. When she was through, we noticed there was no diaper changing station (FAIL). The lady told me to just change HER on the sink. I declined. We would just go somewhere else. We saw the lady in the store later and she realized he was a boy. I told her it was no big deal, it happens a lot! (It really does.) She said, "That's alright! That means he's handsome!" So true, if I do say so myself!!! ha ha
Well, I guess that's it for now. The next post should be an update about Shaun, me, and church life. Notice I said should...

No comments:
Post a Comment