Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just Catchin' Everyone Up

I know my blogging has been sporadic, but like I've explained in the past few posts, my internet time is sporadic. Now that we're in Heber Springs, we're still in a transition time and our desktop computer is in storage. So I depend on my hubby's laptop (and my phone) for internet access. And by the time I get the laptop, I usually just want to check a few things and spend the rest of the time before bed with him. Tonight he's playing Guitar Hero on the Wii so I figured I'd share what's been going on in our world.

The House Situation
We are still waiting for a house. When we moved, one of our new church members had found us a house to rent that seemed like a Godsend. It was bigger than our house in Barling and it was less money. A lot less. And it has a lake view. The only hitch was that there was a family still living in it. But they were sure that we could get in it after a couple weeks or so. So some gracious friends of ours from Warren just happened to have a vacation house in HS that they are letting us stay in until our house is ready for us to move in. Well, it's going on a month and we're not moved yet. The owners of the house had been overseas and the other tenets are still in the house. So Shaun finally talked to the landlord today and they want to meet with us on Sunday. So now we're a little nervous because this feels like an interview or something and we thought this was a done deal. Please pray for us in this situation! Pray that either this house will come through or that God has something even better waiting for us. Regardless, I'm getting a little tired of being "homeless", so to speak. If it was just Shaun and me, it would be different. But it has been really hard on our kids.

The Church
This church has been great so far! They are really spoiling us! Our first Sunday they gave us a huge reception and a pounding. Shaun has a secretary that brings him coffee every morning! And where in the past he's pretty much had to where more hats than just worship minister, he is able to focus on the worship and education ministries. And he's gotten healthier, believe it or not. Ever since I've known him, he's struggled with high blood pressure. He checked his blood pressure the other day and it was 3 points from beng normal! That's the lowest I've ever seen it. We started home groups this past week and Shaun is leading one. I think it's going to be a great time of getting to know some new people in the church. Aside from us, there's 5 other couples which is the maximum amount allowed in each home group. We're going through the study "Contagious Community". I'm really excited about the things God has in store for our ministry.

Me
I haven't really found my niche yet. I've always been the one to help Shaun with whatever he needed done...copying music, etc. But now he has secretaries that take care of all that. So I'm trying to figure out what my place is. I think I'm going to take over the library when we finally get settled. They don't have anybody to do it for now, except for the secretaries. And since I love to read so much Shaun figured I'd enjoy taking care of it. I've already read 6 books since I got here. Let's see...I've already been invited to participate in a women's Bible study on Wednesday mornings. I'm coming in a week late, but I've already caught up in the book they're studying..."Created to be a Help Meet" by Debi Pearl. And I've already gotten to be pretty good friends with the student pastor's wife Carrie.

The Kids
The kids are adjusting fairly well. Sleeping is still a problem sometimes, especially for Bryce. Cayson has mostly little girls in his Sunday school class, which is an adjustment for him. At our last church it was all boys! There is one little boy who is about 3 months younger than Cayson. The little boy was upset last week during Sunday school and they said Cayson wiped his tears and said, "It's okay, baby. It'll be okay." How sweet is that??? He has learned that he enjoys chasing the girls and being chased. So I think he'll be okay. ;) Bryce has charmed everyone. At our reception he got passed around so much! Everytime I looked for him someone else had him!

The Dog
Not much to report except for the fact that she had puppies! Again! However, they all died except for one. And I think we've already got it placed in a good home when it gets old enough.

I guess that's the jist of it. Please remember us in your prayers. We need a house! And soon!

No comments: