Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm still here!

I know I've been a bad blogger. There are several factors. Mainly, as I've explained before, my internet access has been limited. We tether Shaun's phone to the laptop to get the internet at home right now and I just haven't been online very much. I just use my blackberry to keep updated with facebook, email, and bloglines. I know I can blog via email, but it's just too much use of my thumbs for me! Anyway, another factor is the fact that God's been doing a work in our lives that I just couldn't blog about, until it came to fruition. And since I really, really wanted to blog about it, I just stayed about from blogger! But I can talk about it now....

We're moving. To another city and another church. There's so much to tell about the whole story that I just don't want to go into it all for the time being. For now, just being able to tell that God is moving us is enough. This is going to be a hard move for us. First Southern has been home to us for almost 3 years. We love these people. They've been incredibly good to us. We've dedicated 2 precious boys here. We've seen so much growth during our time here. I'm especially going to miss my kids I teach in Sunday school. I LOVE those kiddos. I've had the priviledge of seeing 4 of them accept Christ and be baptized.

And then there's the little boys that Cayson has made friends with. His first friends. I know he'll make more, but...we'll miss them all the same.

So, where are we moving? To Heber Springs, AR. Greers Ferry Lake. Boy this is tough. ;) It is incredibly beautiful there. We are excited about the ministry opportunities there. But that's for another post. I just wanted to finally reveal what's going on in our lives. Our last Sunday is this upcoming Sunday, so keep us, First Southern, and Heber Springs Baptist Church in your prayers during this transition time.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Omgosh Brittany! That's huge!! I'm so excited for you guys.. and wow, what a great area to be moving to. I'm sure it'll be a lot of work to get moved in and everything, but you will love it this spring and summer. :) I cannot wait to hear about all God does through you guys in your new area!