Last week I was 35 weeks pregnant and I went with my hubby to take kids to youth camp. Most people thought I was absolutely crazy!!! However, it was a great week and I was a good girl and didn't tire myself out too much. Here's a day-to-day synopsis of our week:
Tuesday
Left for camp at about 10:45. Arrived at Camp WOW (walk on water) in Stuart, OK at about 2:15. Unpacked, blah, blah, kids took a swim test, had worship that night. Before worship every night we had blue light specials where the kids played games for prizes. Tuesday night's game was wall twister. Yep, they had to figure out as a team how to play twister on the wall. Very interesting! After worship, we had church group time and then a luau. Of course, I had Cayson with me so every night after the band was through playing, (about 8:30) I had to take him back to our room and put him to sleep. So I missed the speaker and the late night stuff every night.
Wednesday
Breakfast, morning worship, family group time, morning break-out session (where the youth ministers each taught a class and the kids could sign up for which one they wanted), lunch, rec time (our girls went undefeated this day!), free time, dinner, blue light special (camp idol!), worship, church group time, western night.
Thursday
Basically the same as Wednesday except blue light special was the wheel of misfortune! They had to spin the wheel to find out what they'd have to do to earn a prize. At the end all the youth ministers raced to see who could eat 3 things the fastest: an onion, a cricket, and a worm! Shaun did pretty well with the cricket and the worm, believe it or not. It was the onion that got to him. The late night activity was laser tag.
Friday
Same stuff, except blue light special was camp bingo! The big prize was an Ipod Touch! And the late night was free time.
Saturday
Baptism and head home!
Now for the awesome stuff. We took 4 girls and 2 of them accepted Christ! Shaun baptized them in the lake Saturday morning!
Camp was a really different experience for me. I didn't get to hear any preaching at all, whatsoever. But I did experience some really incredible worship time. And I know I grew a lot in my faith despite not hearing any preaching.
Oh, and Cayson learned his first song!!! He learned the chorus to "Lord I'm amazed by you"! It is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! He was just singing right along with everyone else. He was such a good boy this past week. I'm so proud of him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can only imagine how cute it sounded when Cayson sung. :) Glad you had a good week.. You are tougher than I would have been.....
Post a Comment