Thursday, June 15, 2006

Student ministry, daycare, and engagement rings

I know, I know, I haven't posted anything in a while. I've been so busy! We've kicked off our youth ministry and it's keeping us going! The cool thing about it is we've had a pretty consistent number of students show up to every event we've had so far. Granted, it's about an average of 8 people, but that is so much better than the ZERO who were coming! We get to fix up a youth room for them and we are going to work on phase 1 of the project on Saturday. They aready have a "game" room, so to speak. It has a pool table, a foosball table, and an old arcade game that no longer works in it! Also, the walls are in horrible shape. So we are going to start by cleaning up that room and fixing the walls and stuff. Then we are going to cook out and play volleyball!

Also going on in my busy life is working at the daycare. God has really taken care of me with that. I took that job mainly because they needed somebody and I wanted to get out of the house and meet people in our community. I was really scared about it at first. I didn't feel like I was adequate enough to work there. Don't ask me why...I'm always scared when I start something new. However, I knew that God really wanted me to work there. I was beginning to wonder if I'd made a mistake about 2 or 3 weeks ago, though. Things just weren't going well. But it's working out now and I really enjoy working there. The kids are soooooo cute! And it's really preparing me for motherhood. I've learned so much there that I didn't really know.

Well, I guess that's all I have for now. Oh, I almost forgot. I got some great news today. We made the final payment on my engagement ring last week and they sent us the papers on it today! So, 3 years after I got it, I finally own it!!! I think this is the first major thing that Shaun and I have paid off together, so it's a pretty great feeling! Also, our refridgerator should be paid off next month! I wish my car was closer...I still have 2 more years on it. Oh well, one thing at a time!

That's really it now. I have an employee meeting at the daycare in an hour, so I've got to get freshened up for that. I hope everyone else is having a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged! Go see my blog and you'll see what I'm talking about. Love yo!

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged! Go to my blog and check it out. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Great news on getting big things payed off! I swear everytime we pay off one huge bill we feel free to go rack up another one. :) Sounds like the studen ministry is really going to be taking off! You guys are doing great things already and you just started!