Wow, two posts in one day! That's what happens when you're home stuck in the bed, I guess. Except I finally got to get out tonight after spending 2 1/2 days in the bed. Shaun's parents stopped by this afternoon to deliver me some things from my parents. (I'll talk about that more in a minute.) Well, they were on their way to Fort Smith so we ended up meeting them there and going out to eat. I was finally feeling a little better. We went to a new place, well new to us anyway. It's called Calico County. It's a homecookin' type place. It was really good! Afterwards we all went to Wal-mart because we needed to buy some groceries. We had a good time. But I can tell I am pregnant and still a little sick. I wore out pretty quickly.
Now about what my parents sent me. Shaun's parents had to go to Monticello this past weekend to help Shaun's sister Kelly move into her new apartment. So I came up with the great idea for my parents to send me some tomatoes. Now, if you've ever been pregnant you understand cravings. I have been CRAVING some tomatoes ever since the first of June. Now, not just any tomatoes would do. They had to be homegrown Bradley County tomatoes. I was wanting them soooooo bad! Like, one night I was talking to my parents on the phone and they started talking about tomatoes. I actually started crying because I couldn't have any! The hormones were really ragin' that night!!! So anyway, my dad met Shaun's parents with some tomatoes. Also some fresh squash, potatoes, and bell peppers! (I'm a sucker for fresh veggies!) Well that's what Shaun's parents brought me today. And tonight I finally got to eat my first Bradley County tomato since last year. And let me tell you, it was worth the wait! Like I said before, if you've been pregnant and had a craving and that craving gets satisfied you know that it's a wonderful feeling.
Also today Shaun surprised me with a new digital camera! We'd been saving for one because we didn't want to have the baby and not have a good camera to capture the moments. It's a nice one, too. I am so excited about it. I will take some pictures of myself soon. I know Lee Ann hasn't seen me since Joey's wedding in March. I've gotten bigger since then! And some of you have never seen me. So I will get on that ASAP.
Well, I guess that's it for now. Thanks for listening to my excitement over getting out of the house and eating a tomato!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm not pregnant, but I totally understand your Bradley tomato cravings! I've had them, too! There's nothing like that first bite...yum! Glad you're feeling better, and I can't wait to see pics of your pregnant self!
Post a Comment