Monday, June 26, 2006
One Proud Sister Coming Right Up!
Well, I've got to brag a little bit. My brother, Kevin, is 17 years old. (I know, it's hard to believe, isn't it Lee Ann?) Well about a year ago, he surrendered to the ministry. He's been given the opportunity to speak for his youth group several times. And he does a really good job. God has transformed him into a confident young man. Also, he's been given the opportunity to intern at his church, Immanuel Baptist in Warren. (Which is also my home church!) About a month ago, their pastor told Kevin that he wanted to give him the opportunity to preach on Sunday morning. Well, the big day was yesterday. I really hate that I didn't get to come and hear him, but I'm told that he did a great job. It's just an awesome feeling to know that my brother is doing exactly what God has called him to do. This is what I've always wanted for him. For him to follow God. And I praise God for the work that He's doing in Kevin. I know that God has some great plans for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Brittany, that's awesome! I can't believe that Kevin's that old!!! It's great to hear that he's surrendered so funny to what God wants for him! Thanks for the new post!
Umm...not surrendered funny. I meant to say surrendered so FULLY. Haha.
Wonderful news! I'm sure you hated to miss him.. but sounds like you'll get the oppertunity to hear him preach again one Sunday since everyone enjoyed him so much. :) It is a great feeling to know that the ones we love, love the Lord!
Post a Comment