Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Baby Update

I know I haven't written too much about the baby this time around. It's so different when it's the 2nd pregnancy, especially when you have a busy toddler running around. The first trimester went by so fast that sometimes I forgot I was pregnant! Then the baby started kicking. I felt it earlier this time. I guess because I knew what it felt like. And now, we've finally been able to find out the sex of this baby I'm carrying. It finally feels real now. We are having another boy! Bryce David Martin is going to be his name...unless we change our mind between now and then. I've really kicked things into gear now. Shaun has been given a list a mile long of things to do before he gets here! The boys are going to have to share a room, for now anyway. The baby will be in our room for a while, anyway. We're giving them the larger spare bedroom and Cayson's room will become the spare bedroom. I'm a little worried about sleep schedules, but I guess we'll work it out. I think it's neat that they will be so close in age; I hope they'll be really close. Our church is going to be overrun with boys! Just like when I was pregnant with Cayson, there are several pregnant women around here. And so far, they are all boys, except for one! So within the past 2 years there have been 6 baby boys born with 3 more on the way. My friend Megan is going to find out in a couple weeks. She has a son that's just a couple months younger than Cayson so it's neat that our kids are all going to be the same ages.

Now for a Cayson update. He is talking so much! He will attempt to say just about anything. He's just so sweet, too. Sunday night, after our slime time event, we were all so tired and hungry that when it was time to pray for our meal, we didn't hold hands and gather around his high chair like we normally do. Shaun just sped through it. Well, Cayson started crying and saying, "Pray, Pray, Pray!" What a lesson we learned from a 19 month old! We promptly got up and held hands and Shaun really took his time and prayed, instead of just going through the motions. I love that we're raising a son that wants to pray! He also loves going to church...probably because that's his second home!

I've also figured out that he does have a "security blanket", so to speak. It's his sippy cup and my hair. Yep, you heard me correctly. He loves to crawl in my lap, drink his drink, and play with my hair! On the way to Warren last weekend, he wouldn't be happy unless I laid my seat back and he could touch my hair.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I'll try to get the ultrasound pictures scanned and uploaded soon!

1 comment:

Lou Arnold said...

That sounds so like Ashton the sippe cup and the hair. Four years later, we have dropped the sipee cup but still play with the hair. I often wondered if he would be in high school and still play with Mommy hair when he gets tired.