Friday, February 22, 2008

My Week in Review

Well it's the weekend again. Here are some updates on life in the Martin household:

Still no laptop. However, my hubby surprised me on valentine's day with an incredible gift: an itouch. We can't get an iphone because we're on Alltel (I know, I know, it just makes the most sense for us...all of our family is on Alltel and with the my circle plan we hardly ever use any minutes. I just wish they had rollover!). So he knew how much I wanted an ipod to listen to music, etc while cleaning, walking (eventually, when it gets warmer), etc. And since the computer debacle I hadn't been able to get on the internet during the week, unless I used my cell phone, he got me the itouch. I gotta tell ya...I have enjoyed it immensely. I had never tapped into podcasts before and I now have subscribed to a few. I can't wait until my favorite shows start coming back so I can download a few of them! If anybody has a suggestion of an incredible-you-can't-miss-out-on-this type podcast, let me know!

Lights are now installed at the church. Theatrical-type lighting. Shaun's not quite finished, a couple of the dimmer packs were broken so he had to send them back, but they are all installed and the finish work is done on 2 sections. We are actually going to get to use half of them on Sunday. The choir's gonna have a fit...lol. But it looks so much better. Before, the regular lights cast so many shadows that it just looked bad. And they will be a huge benefit come Easter and Christmas for our musicals.

We bought a potty chair. Just to get him used to it. Every night before he takes his bath we let him sit on it. I don't think he understands yet what it's for, but he sure does like it! I guess I'm just going to take my time with it and see what happens. I don't want to push him before he's ready, even though he has shown several signs of being ready.

His vocabulary has grown so much! He's just growing up so fast; he turns 18 months next week.
Our church is growing. We had 2 more couples join this Sunday. I think there have been maybe one or two Sundays this year that someone hasn't joined. And I know of at least one more couple who will be joining soon. It's incredible what God is doing in our midst! Our discipleship university classes are going so well, too. I know mine is just awesome.

The puppies are growing, too. They are getting so big! I still have 3 available, by the way. They'll be ready around Easter.

I guess that's it for now. Maybe this weekend I'll get a chance to blog more and have some interesting posts. No promises though! Now I'm off to go take a long bath and pamper myself, since hubby and son are still asleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now that you cleaned up your links - i just changed mine!

thejoyfulchaos.com

can i say one more time? i'm so excited for you!