Sunday, February 10, 2008

Last post for a few days


Before I forget, here's a group pic of my new "babies". And that's my maternity clothes they are sleeping on! Batgirl opened the box herself and nested in there.

The weekend is almost over and that means the 'puter is goin' back to the church. And unless Shaun brings it home during the week, I probably won't get to blog again until the weekend. I'll be so glad when his laptop either gets fixed or he gets a new one.


So, here's the summary of my weekend:

Friday night I got to go shopping! I bought a couple new maternity dresses and some clothes for Cayson.

Saturday night we had our Valentine's Banquet at the church. It was so much fun. We had a skit with a parody of a dating game like love connection. The "contestants" were characters like "Whitney Fears", "Zsa Zsa Galore", "G Diddy", "Nerkul", a parody of the superstar girl from SNL, and a parody of Larry the Cable guy. The lucky bachelor and bachelorette looking for love were normal and they ended up running off together at the end. It was so funny!

Today we had an awesome worship service, with 3 people joining the church. Tonight we started our Discipleship University. I'm taking a class called "The Next Step". It was written by a guy in our church who is also teaching it. It's good stuff, I tell you. Tonight's lesson was all about getting out of your comfort zone and giving God your absolute best. The Scripture was from 1 Kings 18, the story about Elijah challenging the followers of Baal to have Baal send fire down to light the altar. When it didn't, Elijah wet the altar with a ton of water and God not only sent down fire, but burned it all up and the flames licked up the water too! That's the incredibly short version, but it's an awesome story about the faith of Elijah and the awesomeness of the God I serve. At the end, David, our teacher, challenged us to do something to get out of our comfort zones this week. Something that the only way we won't make a fool of ourselves is if God does it. And then to help someone else to do the same thing. There are 24 people in our class. Can you imagine if every person in our class did that? That's a possible 48 instances of God-sized happenings! In one week! I'm very excited about this...and at the same time, terrified! But I guess that's where God likes us to be because then He can use us. I have no idea what I'm going to do yet, I still need to pray about it. Hopefully I'll have something amazing to post next week!

No comments: