Tuesday, October 10, 2006

We dedicated Cayson to the Lord Sunday. It was a very emotional event. Cayson did great...he slept through it! But afterwards, Shaun sang the song "I Want to be Just Like You" by Phillips, Craig and Dean. He cried the whole way through it! I have seen Shaun sing many times, even in some emotional situations, and he's always been able to push aside his own emotions and just sing. But this time was different. In a good way. It's just such an awesome song with very powerful words. And I know he took them to heart.

My whole family came up for the occasion. We had 12 people, including me, Shaun, and Cayson, in our house!!! It was definitely an adventure.

On Saturday, we held Hog Slop 2006 for the youth. We watched the Arkansas/Auburn game first--which was awesome, by the way--and then played games in the mud. It was pretty funny!

2 comments:

Lee Ann James said...

Sounds fun...hog slop I mean. And that's so sweet that Shaun cried! OF COURSE he couldn't control his emotions...he was singing about his son!

Mandy said...

oh it would've made me cry to see him cry! (but I'm a cryer!) Sounds like Hog Slop was a great time! I laughed at your other post about housework.. I remember those days! Well, laundry is still something I MUST do every sigle day to keep caught up, but it's a heck of a lot easier when you don't have to stop to do a zillion other things with a tiny baby. :) I didn't realize you were breastfeeding.. great job! :) Bfding babies definitely can make big messes of clothes... and not b/c of spitting up! lol