Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Golden Opportunity

Hiya folks. As I'm writing this I am watching Dora the Explorer! Why? Because I am now keeping Ty, the 2 year old son of some friends of ours. Some of you might know them...his dad was the youth minister at Immanuel Baptist in Warren until about a year and a half ago. Now he's the youth minister at a church up here. Anyway, this is a golden opportunity because I'm getting to experience what it's like to have a toddler and a baby at the same time. I do want to have more kids someday, relatively close together. So far, it's been pretty easy. Nursing has been a small challenge, but I've figured out how to accomplish it while having privacy and keeping an eye on Ty. And he's potty-training, but that's just good experience for me! Time is flying by so quickly that it'll be no time before Cayson is ready to potty-train.

We had a double baby shower yesterday. One for a baby already born (they didn't know what they were having so we waited until after the fact) and the other is due in a month. Our church is growing in so many ways! Since we've been here there have been 5 babies born (counting Cayson) and 3 more expecting. There was another one, but we got the sad news a week ago Sunday that one of our mothers had lost her baby. And she was 8 months along. They had to deliver it on that Saturday and then the next day another lady had her baby. It was a sad situation. Please keep that family in your prayers.

This is also a golden opportunity because I'm actually getting to blog. Dora is Great!!! (What a random thought!)

Saturday I had to leave Cayson for the first time with his Grandma Sherri. (I don't know if she wants to be Grandma Sherri or Grandma Martin. She just now decided on Grandma, rather than Nana or something like that. I guess I'll have to ask her.) Shaun, his brother Kevin, his dad, and I went to the Razorbacks game. It was fun, mostly, but I missed Cayson terribly. And we didn't have the greatest seats. We sat in the level above the band...2 rows from the top! I felt like we were in another atmosphere. But the view was incredible. The leaves are starting to change and it was so beautiful. But getting up there was NOT. We were late anyway because the line to our gate was a mile long. (I'm not exaggerating.) So by the time we got to our seats we had missed the kickoff and the first touchdown. And everytime we tell someone that their reply is "You missed the best play of the game!" Oh well. Oh, it is not fun to climb all those ramps when you've just had a baby! I have seriously got to get back in shape. I have lost all of my pregnancy weight, however! Plus a pound.

Well, I've mostly caught everyone up on what's been going on in my life. Oh, Shaun's been leading worship for a revival. There, that's everything. Hopefully I'll get to blog more, so my posts won't be this long. I hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

Lee Ann James said...

I'm so glad you got to blog! Thank goodness for Dora! I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well for you! I can't wait till the next time you guys are down here...I want to see you guys and Cayson! His picture is totally adorable!!! I can see both you and Shaun in him. Love you, girl!