BOY!
Cayson Elliott Martin
We found out this weekend. Everything looks pretty good. The only thing is, I'm measuring a little too big. Like 3 weeks too big. They were worried I might have gestastional diabetes so they did a glucose test, but that came back negative. I was very thankful for that! So the doctor said that there could be 2 other reasons: (1) It's going to be a big baby! and (2) The dates could be wrong. He feels like number 1 is more likely because ultrasounds are usually pretty acurate these days. We'll see! Also, he could have just taken a big growth spurt this month and he might slow down a bit, too. So we're going to monitor it and see how he grows. We were expecting him to be pretty big, though, because I was 8 pounds 3 ounces and Shaun was 8 pounds 14 ounces. If he does get pretty big I may have to have a C-Section. I really don't want that, but I'll do whatever I need to make sure that both he and I are healthy. Just as soon as I can, I will try and post the ultrasound pics. I have to get my hubby to scan them for me first, though!
In other news, I just want to thank everyone for their comments! When I wrote My Stained Glass Masquerade, I was feeling pretty low! Your support means a lot to me! I'm doing better, though. As I'm getting to know everyone better here it's getting easier to be myself. And I'm learning to let God transform me into the person that He wants me to be, instead of who people think I need to be. It's really awesome how He's doing that, too. Every time I get a negative thought, or a worry about what people will think, that Still Small Voice just penetrates through all the negativity. So, thanks again for your prayers and your support!

2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS ON HAVING A BOY! Wow that's so exciting! I wouldn't worry too much about measuring big. I measured 2/3 weeks ahead my entire pg with my son, Carter, and he weighed 7lbs 15oz at 38 weeks. (so he'd have been over 8lbs if he'd have gone 2 more weeks) And you can still have a totally natural delivery, no matter how big of a baby you have in there. I've seen women on those baby shows have 10+ pounders naturally lots of times. :) I love the name you guys picked too!
Oh my goodness! A BOY!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you. You're going to be a great boy-mom. ;) I LOVE little boys - they're just so cute and you can see that mischevious little look in their eyes...I'm thinking about Josh, here. You're going to have to hurry and twist Shawn's arm to make him post those pictures! I love you, girl!
Post a Comment