
I have discovered something. I'm becoming a mother. Not just physically, but emotionally. The first trimester was pretty much all about me. What I wanted (or didn't want, mostly) to eat, buying new clothes, etc., etc. Now that I can feel the baby kicking, I've found that I'm falling in love with my baby. It's about him now. Now when I go to a store, instead of heading straight for the maternity clothes to see what cute clothes they've gotten in, I head to the baby stuff. I did buy some new shirts and some shoes yesterday, but only because I really needed them. Seriously. My mind is constantly occupied with how we're going to do the nursery, or things we need to buy or register for, or issues that might come up down the road. Like when he will start school. (His birthday will be in September which would make him either the youngest in his class, or one of the oldest.) Things like that. I love feeling him kick. I can't wait for it to be hard enough for Shaun to be able to feel it. Time is passing so quickly. I'm already 23 weeks, more than halfway there. It's scary but exciting. I know our life will never be the same after this. So I'm trying to enjoy the little things right now that I may never have again. Like laying in bed with my husband until after noon on Fridays and Saturdays. (We both have those days off.) I know I'm rambling, but I just need to ponder these things for a while. Mary, the mother of Jesus did that. The Bible says she pondered these things in her heart. I wonder if she would have blogged, given the opportunity. Please remember us in your prayers, if anyone reads this. I know we're going to need them!

3 comments:
hey-congratulations on expecting. it's the best thing in the world. no kidding. i want to get to know you better. i'd love to "be there" for you while you're gettting ready for the little one! speaking of, the stomach virus has hit our house, so i can't stay long right now. but i'll be back to read more later! thanks for visiting joyfulchaos and commenting! any friend of lee ann's is a friend of mine!
suzanne
Yeah! Brittany and Suzanne met! Hey, Brittany, that last post you made was so sweet! I just about cried. And I think Mary would have been a blogger, definitely. :)
Hi Brittany, I'm Mandy, another person stalking you from Lee Ann's blogg. ;) Your post is so sweet... being pg is the MOST amazing thing in the world. We're currently trying to get pg with our third, and to be honest it already makes me sad to think that when I do get pg, it will probably be our last! Enjoy every bit of it because it really does fly by! (though I know EVERYONE has probably already started telling you that!)
Post a Comment