I know it's been forever ago since I posted last, but I just had to take to the 'Net to publicly give my God some praise. If any of the people who used to read this know me, they know that we have mostly been a one car family for just about the duration of our marriage (5 years). I drove when I was in college and when I graduated, Shaun drove the car. Then we got a jeep, but just couldn't handle 2 car payments. Then we moved. Pay raise, insurance, the whole bit. We made the decision to go ahead and pay off our Jeep before we bought another vehicle. The Jeep will be paid off at the end of this year. So I've just been biding my time, waiting for the day when I will finally have my own vehicle again. It's a little cumbersome to be stuck at home with 2 little ones! We were going to buy a van, or something similar. Something with 7 seats so our whole family can ride with us when they visit. Dodge Caravan or Chrysler Town & Country or a Chrysler Pacifica were our picks.
Well, yesterday I got a call from Shaun. "Are you sitting down?" he asked. He had big news. One of our church members wanted to give us a van! It's a 2000 Dodge Caravan in great condition! They dropped it off last night! Man, what an awesome God I serve!
Now I just have to break the 3 year habit of just being home all the time! I've always heard that if you pen a dog in long enough, even when you take down the fences he still won't go anywhere. Hopefully, that won't be the case with me! LOL And hopefully I haven't forgotten how to drive! hahahaha Just kidding...Shaun lets me out every once in a while! ;)
Well, I better get off of here. Do me a favor and praise God this morning for His blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Isn't it amazing how God provides when we least expect it.
Wow! That's amazing, Brittany! I'm totally feeling you on the one car thing. It's tough for us, and we don't even have babies! Praise God for generous folks!
How wonderful!!!! What an amazing blessing!
Post a Comment