Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Details

Here they are, the gory details of this pregnancy so far. (Hopefully not too gory!)

I usually have a pretty regular cycle that lasts about 25 days. So when 28 days had come and gone I was starting to get a little suspicious. That was almost 2 weeks ago. Since we were broke, I made myself wait until Monday, when Shaun got paid, to buy a test. It was really hard going that whole weekend without knowing. We weren't trying, so I freaked out a little bit at first. Financially, I didn't think we were ready for another one so soon. But I began to realize that God had His hand in this and He brought us through the first pregnancy--with no insurance--and He'll bring us through this one. So Monday rolled around and when we did our grocery shopping, I got a test. I learned my lesson last time with those tests that have the lines that are hard to read sometimes. So we went for the digital. I knew that the best time to test was in the morning so I made myself wait until the next morning. Tuesday morning, November 20 I woke up and took the test. Very quickly and plainly it said Pregnant. It was such a relief to know for sure! I immediately began planning how we were going to tell our families. Since it was right before Thanksgiving, I knew there was an opportunity for some creativity.

For Shaun's parents, we were going to make a shirt for Cayson that said, "I'm going to be a big brother!" and let him wear it to the family get-together. However, our shirt didn't quite make it. So Shaun made a slide show with our Mt. Magazine pics (most of his family hadn't seen them yet) and at the end we put the picture of Cayson that had him announcing that he was going to be a brother. (From my last post.) For my parents, we made them and my brother birthday cards...they all have birthdays in November. We put our family pictures on the front and inside said, "We didn't know what to get you for your birthday, but we think it's the perfect gift. Just one catch...it won't be delivered for another 9 months!" And we taped a small Babyruth candy bar to it. My mom and brother got it, but my dad didn't. It went over his head! Everyone was really excited.

The Symptoms

So far, I've only been experiencing a lot of queasiness. With Cayson, I never threw up, but I was just occasionally queasy. With this one, I'm queasy just about all day. And guess what really sets it off: sweets! Aagh! I can't even drink sweet tea. Right now all I want is Kool-Aid. Also, I am sooooooooo tired! I can't even sort laundry without needing to rest.

As to the sex, I don't have a preference...too much. I'd love to have a girl, but I love boys too. I definitely won't be disappointed if it's a boy. We just don't have a boy name yet. The girl name has been picked out since before Cayson was born. I'll wait to divulge that when we find out.

I haven't been to a doctor yet, we've got to find one up here. Last time, I delivered in Warren. And as much as I LOVE Dr. Wharton, I can't handle the drive again. So if anyone knows of a good doctor in the Fort Smith area, let me know. However, after doing some calculating at Babycenter.com's pregnancy due date calculator, the tentative due date is July 22, which puts me about 5 weeks. So Cayson and this baby will be almost 2 years apart.

Please remember our family in your prayers, especially our new little blessing. We're very excited, even though I know it's going to be a tough road ahead. Everyone keeps telling me to be afraid of this baby since Cayson was such a good baby! LOL. Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the way I was with mine. With Ashton (oldest), I was never sick and it was like I wasn't pregnant. With Kaylee, that was a whole new ballgame, I felt pregnant and was sick a lot. Good luck and you will be in our prayers.

Gracie Parker said...

don't listen to the good baby bad baby hype. they're all different. don't worry about the money. He will provide. even in our hardest times right now, the problem is not not having enough it's my contentment and patience levels. they are blessings. blessings!! i can't wait for you!
keep us updated!