Cayson is 5 months old today. Oh. My. Gosh. Time is really flying by. And for some reason, this was really hard for me to handle. I guess because it's almost 6 months. And that's half of a year. So, anyway, I've been pretty emotional this past week. And a certain monthly visitor that I haven't seen in exactly one year who decided to show up this week did not help. I had forgotten what mood swings felt like! But, boy, did I have some this week! Yesterday, I found a stray newborn diaper that we didn't use...and I burst into tears. I couldn't help it. It was so small and my son used to fit into it. I just kept saying, "My baby is growing up!" And, of course, Shaun has the nerve (or the good sense, one) to say, "Yeah, isn't it exciting?" And it really is exciting. It seems he learns something new every day. It's such a joy to watch him. (Oh, and Shaun also said, "Do you want another one?" to which I immediately answered "Yes!" But I do want to wait a little while.)
In other news, I need your prayers. I've been slipping in my resolutions. Some are doing great, but others are falling by the wayside. I've determined to start fresh tomorrow.
We had an absolutely awesome time of worship today. Russ has been preaching on spiritual disciplines. Today's was worship. That is such a hot topic in churches today. It seemed like everyone was on their seats today. (I get a good view from the choir loft.) Which is a good thing, definitely. I know I was definitely convicted of some things. The music was awesome, too. Except for one part where we were singing a medley of "In the Cross", "Worthy is the Lamb", and "Crown Him with Many Crowns" and the part where it went to "Crown Him..." I kinda kept singing "Worthy..." and basically stepped in a big hole, as my voice teacher would have said. Very humbling. Oh well, I was closing my eyes instead of looking at my music.
Well, I have to pick up my living room and head to bed. Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i understand it, girl! it's always bittersweet - it's awesome to see each new phase and so much fun, but so hard to let the last one go. but, the good news is, at this point, you only get to know him more and more! i've always said, 3 mos, 6 mos, 9 mos, 1 yr, 20 mos, they're all huge stepping stones - and very emotional ones for me! (and it's always great when you and hubby want the same things - especially when wanting babies!)
may your moods swing low, your emotions find a plateau, your resolutions be renewed, and your joy overflow!
Oh girl I understand! Each time I pack away my kids' clothes that are too small it chokes me up a bit. Even now.. and Madison is 5! I think it's always bitter sweet to see them grow. Of course you do want them to grow and excell in life.. but at the same time letting go of your "baby" just sucks! I don't wanna! lol I guess that's one reason I do things differently with carter than I did with madison.. I realized early on how fast his babyhood would go by.. I think it took me by complete shock the first time around that they really do grow up so quickly! lol
Post a Comment